Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The left brake light on my 67 does not work, but the right side does. I swapped bulbs between the right and left to make sure it wasn't the bulb and same thing - left brake light doesn't work but right still does. Then my son discovered that the left brake light will work only if you have the left or right turn signal activated at the same time. Can any of you electrical gurus tell me if those circuits are connected some way in the turn signal switch? I was planning on replacing the turn signal switch anyway because the right turn position won't hold - you have to hold the lever up to activate the blinker. I guess the cam is broken. I was hoping to just get one of those cam replacement kits for $10 as opposed to the entire assembly for about $75. But if my brake light problem is linked to the turn signal switch, then I'll replace the whole assembly.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Easy way out Mid. ;) I am betting twenty bux on a grounding problem. Who calls? :eek:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Both the turn signal and brake light share the same ground. So I'm with butterbean, the turn signal switch.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
$20 on Butterbean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts