Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where to get a digital or led brake light conversion kit for a 65. have a burnt out bulb so i was think a 1157 bulb was the ticket turns out these have a prong plugin cant find any bulbs at the auto parts store that fit whats up with this style of bulb??

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Mustang Project has conversion kits. I just installed their's on my 69 and its probably the best $110 I've spent on the car. The lights fill up the tri-bars and positively bathe the cars behind me in brilliant red light. I was lighting up road signs a couple hundred yards behind me when I tested it on the Delaware shore last week :)

You can buy an 1157 replacement LED bulb from superbrightleds.com I am using their 24 bulb amber on the front turn indicators (they have the best price $6.99 per bulb). I also used a 6" LED bar from Signaldynamics.com as a 3d brake light, mounted on the windscreen crossbar at the top, between the sunshades, with wiring concealed. This is for top down driving only but it also is VERY visible.

·
1,217 Posts
are you saying you can't find replacement bulbs anywhere?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.