Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyway to patch,or repair my brake line instead of replacing it,there is only about a half inch-inch gap that is missing,im just wondering if there is a way to patch it before i go out and buy a new one,thanks -Pete

·
Registered
492 Posts
You don't make reference as to where the gap is in the line. Either in the hard line or the flex line. In either case, no, you do not want to do any 'patch' work to your brake lines. You can replace your flexible brake lines. As for your steel lines, they might be a tad expensive if you go through the Mustang parts suppliers. You can, of course, fabricate your own steel lines. Just get yourself a double flaring tool and purchase the correct diameter line and duplicate the factory bends. It may be a little tricky, but it is do-able.

·
Registered
876 Posts
It is NOT recommended that you put a patch or splice in a brake line.All things I have read and been told is that it should be one piece between junction blocks and wheel cyl or master cyl.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Describe the brake line type, location and perceived reason for failure/misfit....

Hard brake lines, if sound, can be properly repaired with an involute flare union, which can take up about 1/2-1" in length, depending on ID. Installing tube nuts, properly double-flaring the tubing and securing of the finished repair will be required.

Get back to us with more details...

·
Registered
680 Posts
Figure out how long the new line needs to be, and go to your local auto parts store. They have ready made brake lines, with the fittings already in place....maybe you can match your needed piece with what they have, and not have to flare one yourself.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.