Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing my junkyard cougar front discs and '74 m.c. in my '65. The PO had put in a 9 inch rear, but left the four lug front that I am now replacing. I have all parts lined up except for stuff with regards to brake lines. Can I keep my old front lines by using adaptors or will they need to be replaced? My flex lines are fried anyway, so I was wondering what else I will need to order with these. Oh yeah, can I use my existing distribution block as well?

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
If they are not munched you might as well resue them but if ya gotta replace, might as well upgrade...check out SS brake lines!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Make sure the master cylinder is the correct type for the configuration you have when finished. If you have disc/drum combination, the master cylinder should be for a disc/drum set up and you need to connect the correct side of the master cylinder to the disc brake side. Note the drum brake side of the master cylinder has a pressure residual valve built into the master. If this isn't correct, you'll get spongy brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts