Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does everybody get their brake parts? ie pads, springs, drum pistons etc.
Do you use Napa, NPD or others

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Anywhere that carries them.....

Since the drum brake parts are the same for almost all models (with the same diameter drums), theyre fairly common.

Discount
Autozone
Pep fags
NAPA
NPD

·
Registered
76 Posts
I bought a complete brake parts kit from CJ's. It came with shoes, wheel cylinders and all springs, adjuster hardware etc. I may have saved a few bucks at a local auto store, but I've had too many bad experiences with those places giving me the wrong part or some 20 year old kid whose never seen a drum brake arguing with me.

Go to a good Mustang supply house and get the right thing the 1st time.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sort of agree with you but, I priced 3 mustang houses and the prices I received were 187.75 + shipping, 151.50 + shipping and 121.95 + shipping. The local NAPA has the parts at 106.85 + tax and has all the parts on hand (Who knows for sure).
I would imagine that all the parts should be the same but who knows. Time is not a factor because these are for a rear end I'll be installing this winter.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have to admit, most of the parts from the CJ's kit were Napa. I did buy my new drums from a local shop and got the right thing and saved about $25 a wheel.

I buy from CJ's because they are about 1/2 hour away and I don't have to pay shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts