Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have successs with installing the rebuild kit for their support?
I have visions of the new metal pieces being slightly loose and cawk-eyed as they are held in with snap rings instead of pressed like the originals. Also is there much of a PITA factor with installing the kit?
Thanks

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yes. I actually did it in a 4-speed '66 fastback and it worked well. Ran the car with the kit for 5 years and sold it with all still OK. Royal PITA to get the brake support out though and reinstalled.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I used it on a support out of a parts car. Still have the support.

·
Registered
251 Posts
definitely PITA to ge tin and out and get pedals back in. I just ordered a rebuild kit form NPD and im not looking forward to takign it out again.

BTW, having some trouble getting the clutch spring back in. Any good way to do this?

·
Premium Member
19,252 Posts
Remove the one bolt holding the stop-pad, and bring the pedal all the way up. At that point, the spring doesn't need to be compressed. Push the pedal all the way to the floor and re-install the stop-pad.

·
Premium Member
7,710 Posts
As you got a 1966, the pedal support is the same automatic or stick. Just get an automatic (which never wear) and move all the stick shift parts over (pedals, spring, rebound, spring mount, etc. Takes about 5 minutes, including the $4 for the new plastic bushings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts