Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my brake pedal support. You can see that the hole is pretty beat on this side. I have seen repair kits for sale and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. Would it properly correct this?
Appreciate any guidance you might have.

Attachments

·
Registered
980 Posts
I upgraded to a roller pivot shaft bearing set that’s designed as a repair kit for worn Teflon bushings in the pedal support. However the opening in mine was not as bad as this one. Very happy with the change. Clutch is much tighter and smoother and no noise at all.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
This is my brake pedal support. You can see that the hole is pretty beat on this side. I have seen repair kits for sale and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. Would it properly correct this?
Appreciate any guidance you might have.
Damaged from the shaft and missing the aluminum insert....... you'll need to roller upgrade that support to save it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I did Mustang Steve’s roller bearing upgrade and it works better than sliced bread! It did require some welding and am very pleased with the new setup.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. I thought it was pretty fried. I will look into the roller deal and move forward.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I just did mine along With the cable upgrade and with the brake booster upgrade. mustang Steve is the way to go..Very nice set up...
You can go on Mustang Steves sight and look at the directions for the mod for the roller bearings support..

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I bought a pedal support form ebay that has supposedly been rebuilt. When I got it, the pivot hole looked something like the one in your photo, the only difference was my ebay pedal support had black paint on it. I used the Mustang Steve kit to rebuild the pivot. It's as smooth as silk now. The Mustang Steve kit imo, is a better solution than the Scott Drake kit. The drake kit requires lube and the Mustang Steve kit uses sealed bearings.

Reactions: rpm
1 - 12 of 12 Posts