Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have the 66 GT coupe w/ disks, single pot master non power. I have the new master, freshily rebuilt brake proportioning valve and brass distribution piece. I am attempting to plumb it correctly and my pictures came out so blurry I can't see how it went. I am guessing the following from the top junction on the master to the proportioning valve front junction labeled F, lower master cylinder junction to front of the brass distribution piece, Distribution piece rear valve to rt front brake line, distribution piece bottom valve to front lft brake, proportioning valve rear valve labeled R to brake line to the back of the car. The factory schematic is hard to see as well on this. Does this sound right??

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I don't think so. The proportioning valve up to '68 is plumbed into the rear line either near or on the rear axle. Don't know for sure since my 66 had drums. The dist block is connected to the front port on the m/c and the other port is blocked. The front lines and the rear lines are connected to the dist block. I'm pretty sure this is correct, but hopefully someone with a disk brake car will chime in.

Ronny
68 Fastback, 66 Coupe, 64 Ranchero
Mustang Owner's Club of Austin, TX

1 - 2 of 2 Posts