Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 convertible with a single pin brake pressure sensor. I have found dual pin sensors. Does anyone know where I can find a single pin. The sensor when connected to the harness always causes the light to light. The system is fine I replaced all lines no leaks. Just cant find the sensor

·
Registered
37,651 Posts
Are you sure the "shuttle" inside the distribution block is centered? It typically won't do it all by itself. Sometimes you CAN re-center it by sharply stabbing the brake pedal with both feet as hard as you can.... if it is, indeed, the switch, check with West Coast Classic Cougar....

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Unscrew the switch and put a meter across it with the plunger depressed and not.
If it passes, the "shuttle", is off centre.

·
Registered
36,488 Posts
I have a 67 convertible with a single pin brake pressure sensor. I have found dual pin sensors. Does anyone know where I can find a single pin. The sensor when connected to the harness always causes the light to light. The system is fine I replaced all lines no leaks. Just cant find the sensor
The single pin connector was a one-year item, you'll have to find used or NOS.

But, replacing it won't fix your problem. It's not really a pressure sensor at all, it is a simple electrical contact that senses when your shuttle pin is moved off-center. This happens when there is a leak in the brakes, but can also happen during normal brake bleeding. All you really need to do is re-center it.

·
Registered
36,488 Posts
Using this tool eliminates the chance of tripping the switch when bleeding the brakes-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts