Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks ahead of time... Ya'll are great. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1st Question) I've gotten far enough that I'm putting my stang back together. When I dissassembled the car I took Ziploc bags and wrote the part/place that the bolts/fasteners belonged. I'm finding that I still need some help finding the correct placement of these. Is there a good resource for maybe finding what bolt sizes were used where, or something similar? My shop manual isn't much help for anything more than the bumper or body chrome so far.

2) I'm interested in rebuilding the drum braking system of my car just for safety's sake. I see many company's offering kits to do this. What parts should I really be looking for in a kit to do a good rebuild job? I'm thinking of front, rear, e-brake, etc...

Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
I don't know of any books that'll tell you which bolts go where. You'll just have to see what fits where, what looks right. Sounds like you did the right thing using the bag and tag method. Lay it all out and match the bags to what they go with. See then where your missing something. Count the holes and the bolts see what matches, you can do it. Little more effort on the tag end next time. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
As far as brake parts go, your local auto parts store should be as good a place as any. Have fun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts