Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 67 v8 and im redoing my rear brakes. i noticed that on the rear i didnt have the brake shoe anchor pin guide. i have no idea if my car came with it or even what its function is. ive tried calling all the parts supliers and they all have no idea what im talking about im starting to think this part is not at all important. some one please help so i can put my car back on the ground. thanxs

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Well, I'll have to side with the parts places. What's an anchor pin guide? The anchor pin just goes through the hole, through the shoe, and then gets a spring will the little washer do-hickies on each end of the spring ... no guides.

The spring and washer do-hickies are included in a "brake hardware kit".

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're talking about the plate that goes on the top pin for the springs, Mustangs Unlimited has them for about $2.00 each (MU part #T2028). I got them in a kit for my 66, the parts are listed for 65-73 with 9" drums. When I got them, they wouldn't fit over the anchor pin so I guess I didn't need them and I didn't use them.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
If you're talking about the "winged washer" seen on the anchor pin in shop manuals, forget it. Not required. These were eliminated in early production since they caused problems.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
my '68 Shop Manual shows no such thing for 9 or 10 inch brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts