Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the brake swaps post and web sites, but have the following Questions on the brake swap.
Were all Granada/Monarch's five lug with Disc Brakes? Also same question on Maverick.
Are the 75-80 models Granada/Monarch's the only ones that are a direct swap?

·
Registered
20,064 Posts
Considering the last Granada/Monarch rolled off the production line 24 years ago, that may have something to do with it.

You may want to investigate the Willwood kit. It uses 11.75" rotors and 4 piston calipers to give some outstanding braking.

By the time you buy Granada set up and rebuild it, it might cost just as much as the Wilwood kit! Pluse with the Wilwood kit, it's strictly a bolt on afair, no special tie rods or alignment to do saying even more money!

G

·
0 Posts
Those are the right years for a swap. You will save a considerable amount of money if you have the skills. The Wilwood aftermarket kit is easier and you wind up with all new parts, but not half the fun of saying you did the swap.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
It is a 75-80. You would prefer to get the 11 inch rotors. Loosely accurate is that the 6 cyl granada's/monarchs had 10.25 , and the 302/351 granada/monarchs had 11". This is probably true MOST of the time,not all the time.

the 10.25 will work fine. its just that... the thinking goes, if you're going to the trouble of doing it, then you might as well try to go as big as you can.

i got the parts for $50. hten i had to get rebuilt calipers, soft hoses, pads, bearings, and make my own lines. there is plenty of info on this here at the site, and other sites. go to google.com and type in "granada mustang brakes" and you'll eventually find the info.

after it was said and done, i'm happy i did the granada front brake swap. i'm not so happy about the versailles rear disc swap.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I wasn't sure after reading all of the posts about the swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts