Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the disc brake system from a 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7 bolt into a 67 Mustang V8 that came with power drums? Will I need to replace any items such as tie rod ends, brake lines, proportioning valve, brake pedal, etc? How easy is it to find parts for the Cougar setup?

Thanks in advance,
Glenn

G

·
It should with no problem. If you want to go to a '69 & later from a 'Stang, Cyclone, Torino, thers a spindle change involed. Should be an easy swap.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
With all due respect to Rick, I'm pretty sure the spindle change happened in 68. In other words, 65, 66, and 67 are interchangeable and 68/69 are the same.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the new Cougar set included spindles, then I should be okay right? Do you happen to know if the tie rod ends need to be changed out, or any other parts that will not work?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
You should be OK if the Cougar parts include spindles. I don't know about the tie rods, but I suspect they're OK, too. The Granada swap also requires spindle change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts