Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am installing a powerbooster-dual mastercylinder and new brakelines on my 66 fastback.i bought the car completely stripped with all parts in boxes.
one of the items in the boxes was the new powerbooster-dual mastercylinder but without installation instructions
searching on the net i already got an good idea about the installation but just want to be sure about connecting the brakes lines to the right inlets.
Am i right about the line connections between mastercylinder and proportioning/distribution valve?
on picture:
-large bowl mastercylinder (right side on pic) to left side on proportioning/distribution inlet (on pic)
-small bowl (left on pic) to right side inlet

furthermore... i do read that there is a different rear brakeline needed for a dual exhaust.
The stripped car came with old 2 exhaust pipes but
to my idea my current setup is not for a dual exhaust
can someone recognise this on the picture i have included here?
(one side of brake hose connected on the vent tube on rear axle)

thank you
arthur

Attachments

P

·
0 Posts
You are correct that your front of the MC is for the rear brakes . and the rear of the MC is for the front. I'd like to see your distribution block from the other side.

As for your rear question . yes it is different from the factory. But with just a little bit of trouble you can make it work without buying the exact part.. You just need to allow a bit of clearance for the other ( new ) exhaust pipe to come through.

P

·
0 Posts
Because this side you are showing . . is the back :) Do you know the rest of the riddle?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
uhh.. actually i don't know what you mean ?:nerd:
the only thing i can think of is that "normally " the valve is supposed to sit turned around but this position is for me the best fit with all the lines hardware i have

arthur

1 - 5 of 5 Posts