Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read all of the posts I can find regarding power boosters but I am still unsure of my problem. I have a 69 with power drums. The brakes seemed to work fine until recently, The pedal becomes very hard and I cannot get them to lockup no matter how much pressure I put on them. I do not hear any leaks in the booster and it does hold some pressure after kill the engine. I do hear a slight squishy sound under the dash when the car is running and I press the pedal but the pedal does respond to the booster by pushing a little lower when the engine's running. Mine has the Midland booster that's supposed to have two diaphams. Could one diapham be bad and one good? I took the booster out and its a rebuilt unit and looks fairly new. Do rebuilts have a high failure rate?::

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don`t know about the failure rate of rebuilt boosters- maybe you could check your manifold vacume and source- but you got it out now so I guess your gonna replace it- I know the midland booster costs more than the bendix and is harder to get--that`s for a 68 anyway--I hope this helps---ABC auto parts gave me the best price in my area

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
The master has failed.....with the vacume assist aspect.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The master failed with the vacuum assist aspect? Please explain, is the MC bad or the booster? I thought bad MC meant soft pedal????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts