Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought SWMBO a Porsche Boxster a few weeks ago. I had forgotten how much fun Autocrossing and doing track DE days are. The giggle factor is just plain huge.

So.. just as I get a69fcode almost done... Oh crap here we go again. I'm thinking TCP is going to love me!!!! I am SERIOUSLY thinking of going with a moderate paint job and loading up on handling improvements. Question >> for those of you who play at the track with your Mustangs. How solid can the handling be made??? How does a 30+ year old chassis handle the stress placed on it?? Would I be better off just buying some traditional sports car (ie a Porsche 911-S or a 914)and beating the crap out of it at the track??? OHHHH What about Go-Karts??? NO!!! Not another hobby. SWMBO would not be amused and the dog snores.

G

·
0 Posts
You should have checked out project Montego at Hot Rod(We did the CF hood & bumper). It pulled 1G on the skid pad. Not bad for a 30+ year old 17 foot long car. I say go for it!

G

·
0 Posts
Actually, a fun car to autocross in is an old BMW 3 series. Small, quick, and turn on a dime. I was tempted to buy an old 3 series ix (all wheel drive) to autocross in. Instead I bought a the 65 mustang for SWMBO. My younger brother sold me on the BMW for autocrossing. The other good car for autocrossing (though everyone has one) is the Mazda Miata. I do it in a Volvo because very few people do that. I like being the odd ball.

I think seeing an old mustang on the track would be interesting and look real cool, but I wouldn't want to be driving mine around the track.

Slade

1 - 3 of 3 Posts