Vintage Mustang Forums banner

621 - 640 of 651 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Thanks but if I soon don't get to work on some upgrades to our house I'll have to sleep in the car :wink:
It's nice than some houses at this point and it's not even painted!

·
Premium Member
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #629
I bought some pre-bent fuel and brake lines when I first picked up my car. Fuel line fit well but had to re-shape around the drivers side exhaust hanger bracket. The brake line though, looks like it may have been made for a different year car. It should have closely followed the fuel line and drop down on top of the mounting bracket. Looks like I'll have to try to straighten it out, re-bend and very likely cut and re-flare.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Wow that Brake line is way off!

I got mine directly from classic tube and they fit right up. Although I originally bought the one for single exhaust and had to swap!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Looking real nice. I recently did the brakes and fuel on mine as well. I ordered them from Inline Tube. They were pretty accurate.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
All in fun...I’ll say though the undercarriage still looks like you can eat off it. I still can’t believe you are going to drive it...really. Please don’t drive it to in the rain.
I think his last name may be Ford...

Allen

·
Premium Member
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #639
Finished my brake line install today. I ran a new NiCu line from the proportional valve to the rear end. I mocked up my lines to the CSRP master cylinder and installed the rear Bilsteins.

I didn't like how the outgoing line off the proportional valve was bent to go towards the driver's side apron and pointed towards the firewall so I re-shaped it with 1 90 degree bend and pointed it towards the rear brake line. Much easier to get at from under the car.

621 - 640 of 651 Posts