·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Man, you do some stellar work.

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #642
Picked up a few more goodies. An ACP aluminum rad from NPD, it is nice and much too nice to paint. Also got some ACC sound deadener as well as some from Noico via Amazon. And wifey bought me a nice GT Performance steering wheel and aluminum over flow tank as a birthday gift. She's definitely a keeper.

Billet E-brake handle, very nice piece

And stock metal shroud

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
That's a good looking steering wheel !!

And Happy Birthday !!!!

John

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #648
Winter is hitting us pretty hard now, but not quite as rough as it is in Alberta. Much too cold to consider painting right now. My garage is heated but once I turn the exhaust fan on with a window cracked to allow fresh air back in it will drop the temp quite significantly. I picked up a few more odds and ends. I finally found some Drake aqua seat belts from an ebay seller, they look very nice and came with all new mounting hardware.

Got this on sale locally for $50, it's a nice little sander

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Those belts look great Brian - glad it worked out!

John

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #652
I couldn't figure out what was going on with my trunk lid, I was starting to think the lid had a twist in it. As I closed the lid I noticed the passenger side was all the way down but the drivers side sat up about 3/16th" at the corner by the tail light. I had the striker adjusted to compensate. My car did take a little hit in the past as was evident by the tail panel repair and a crease in the bottom edge of the lid. Last night I removed the striker and got inside the trunk with a flashlight and discovered it was not the hinge that was binding but it was the torsion bars at the point where the lid reached about 95% closed position. My bad, I removed the springs when I installed new wheel houses and didn't re-install correctly. I went back into my photo archive and found the correct position of the springs.

Here's the wrong way that led to the binding issue

Fixed it and now no binding.

Also I found a video that Josh @Lizer had made with some tips on putting these in safely. I made a tool earlier but still needed the strength of Hulk Hogan to use it. I had a piece of flat bar in the garage and made a better tool thanks to Josh. Works like a charm. Also found an old thread by @NEFaurora, stating that the correct way to set the tension was drivers side rod in position 2 and passenger side rod in position 1. I assumed they would both go into the same slot. Closes perfectly now and no need to give it the extra push.

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #657
Yes, the weather has been brutal. But today I decided to spray some SPI black on the inside of the car today. I’ll do the firewall and back to the transition pan. That part will be completely covered when done so not wasting base/clear in those areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #658
Hoping to spray the dash by the end of the week. That’ll allow me to move forward to install the wiper stuff, heater assembly and underdash harness. Once that’s done I’ll paint inside the trunk and try to get this thing running again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

641 - 660 of 713 Posts