Vintage Mustang Forums banner

861 - 880 of 962 Posts

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #861
You let her drive it didn't you?

Not yet John. I have a strong feeling she won't be too impressed with the strong clutch and manual steering ;)😂

John
Wait...you mean you aren't painting it... :unsure: ?
I don't mind having the shop painter do it. I have never sprayed water base so not interested in spraying it on my car. If I had been painting it at home, I'd be definitely using solvent base but in the city they are mandated to use waterborne.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #862
Finished trimming the carpet today, sprayed a couple coats of epoxy on my splash guards and re-checked my clutch adjustment. Also got the guide coat on for final blocking, starting tomorrow. I have about 7/8" of pedal travel before I can feel the T.O. bearing, exactly 1/8" adjustment at the lower clutch rod. With all the talk about clutches, I had to double check ;).

Btw, I have been re-thinking my paint job. Sitting here tonight, looking at this car and thinking about all the hours I've put in to it. I'll be painting the car MYSELF.

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
759 Posts
Will you be painting it like that? Or taking the hood, trunk lid and fenders off?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts

Looks good Brian

Lot's of fun putting the staples through those splash gaurds!

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #871
@Mustmatt, you got me thinking about the splash guards so I had to try one. I took one of the staples and matched it up with a drill bit. Next I cut a little piece of sheet metal and drilled 2 hole to match up with the staple. I used a few pieces of masking tape to position 2 pieces of rubber on the guard. Then with the template I drilled the first set of holes. Pushed the staple in and with a pair of needle nose pliers I squeezed the ends enough to hold the staple in. Then with a body hammer and piece of rail for a backer, I tapped them down. Must say it went pretty smoothly. Then the mosquito's darn near ate me alive so had to give it up after finishing the first one. 😂

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,727 Posts
Great, here’s one more thing weighing on my mind. I can’t recall if I checked after my car bodywork and paint was done to ensure this was done. Thanks, Brian...

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #874
Great, here’s one more thing weighing on my mind. I can’t recall if I checked after my car bodywork and paint was done to ensure this was done. Thanks, Brian...
I let it go too Russ. Since mine are re-pros I'll fit them before I paint the fenders. My originals must have been rotten, no trace of them. We should be hitching it up tomorrow and heading to Halifax. As you say, "$hits about to get real" 🤣

861 - 880 of 962 Posts