Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my cup of tea, but interesting.

http://i19.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/aa/2b/27_1.JPG
http://i4.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/aa/18/3e_1.JPG

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
I'm personally a big fan of the Grabber Green with white Le Mans stripes I saw on some 65-66 Shelbys/clones although I haven't been able to find any good high resolution pictures of any or saw any in person so I could take some pictures for myself.

Nice car though.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I like it. Like the man said, I wouldn't do it, but it looks good. If that guy gives it to me I promice to keep it that color.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Looks ok I am sure I could get used to it. It is a Shelby you know.
Al

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
This is a perfect example of why Baskin- Robbins has 31 flavors, all though for me its not. It does not have to be and for who do enjoy.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Grabber Green that ain't. Looks like mopar Sublime to me, or a House of Kolors color. :: Me likey...not exactly what I'd ever have in mind for such a car but me likey.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
BF Goodrich painted a 65(?) R-Model this color for a photo shoot. I wonder if the image is still on their website-- used to be available in poster form from them.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I like it. one of the mustang vendors i see at a lot of the shows (the old man drives a black 65/66 mustang fastback with red interior, great looking car) and his neice did a mustang fastback in the same color with black stripes. Looked awesome, i would actually paint one fo my cars that color bc it looks great! I'm a teenager though and of course to each their own

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
:sick: :puke:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
BF Goodrich painted a 65(?) R-Model this color for a photo shoot. I wonder if the image is still on their website-- used to be available in poster form from them.
I still have that poster, It's hanging above or bed! We plant to buy a house soon, but I doubt if my girlfriend allows me to hang it in the bedroom again :)

A while ago, I read a comment from a friend of the Shelby owner. BF Goodrich (or the ad agency probably) assured him that they used a paint that could simply be washed off with water. Well, not really. The guy had to repaint the car.

Regarding the 67 Shelby, I kinda like it, although I think it would look better on a Boss 302.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts