Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought all new purchases had to be cleared through VMF first? J/K congrats on the new ride buddy. FWIW I think you are selling too cheap ;) :p

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Yes, my convertible is for sale. I drove a 2007 Shelby GT last week and now want one! Scott has found me a new 08 SGT that is almost ready so I need to get rid of the convertible for the Shelby.

I'm also contemplating selling my '66 coupe and just focusing all efforts on getting my K code finished.

It sure looks good in Vista Blue...

http://www.shelbyautomobiles.com/galleries/08SGT1/08SGT103-640.jpg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I definately like the blue better than the....shall I say mustard color? What powers a 2008 shelby?

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
The orange color is a 2008 special edition for California only. I think they're only making 200 or so orange ones. All other 2008 will only be in the Vista Blue.

For 2007 they were only available in black/silver stripes and white/silver stripes.

Engine is the same 4.6 as the GT, but different exhaust, ford power pack, etc. I think HP after mods is about 325. I've read that quite a few guys are going with a Shelby installed supercharger and are getting real close to 500 hp. Same as the GT500 but a lower price tag and lighter weight car.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
The Benz will stay in the family, it just won't be mine; my mom wants it. The Shelby GT isn't final yet, but I'm trying to make it all work out. ;) Natually, SWMBO just sees it as another car and doesn't understand.

·
Premium Member
5,141 Posts
SWMBO just sees it as another car and doesn't understand
Welcome to my world. Now if your talking shopping at the mall/baby's/kitty cats/dog/dinner/roses/vacation then you are on her understanding level.

Good luck on the car deal! So who gets the keys once you purchase?

Troy ;)

·
Premium Member
5,141 Posts
OHHHHHHHHHHH ouch! You the man Britton. Way to make them points. To make things even better park it in her spot. }:|

Next you should put letters above the garage that says HIS. Short sheat her side of the bed and take all the labels off the can goods and mix them up with the dog food. Your on a roll there buddy. :rofl: :rofl:

Troy :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
4280 said:
OHHHHHHHHHHH ouch! You the man Britton. Way to make them points. To make things even better park it in her spot. }:|

Next you should put letters above the garage that says HIS. Short sheat her side of the bed and take all the labels off the can goods and mix them up with the dog food. Your on a roll there buddy. :rofl: :rofl:

Troy :thumbup:
No need to do any of that. She doesn't live with me - we're not married, yet. :p

I can tell she thinks money towards this car could be better spent to fix my above statement. :/

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Wow. Congrats Britton.

Sorry to see the 'vert go but the new one will sure be nice!

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Vista Blue.................. Damn, I;ve been beat to the punch!

I've been eye balling the Shelby GT's up the road at Bickford, just don't like the Black or White. Heard about guys adding K-Bell's and a few suspension goodies and ending up with pretty nice car's for the $$$.

Maybe I should get more serious now the Mikey's working up there now. Damn kid comes home the other day as says to me "Hey Dad, guess what I did today"?.......... Drove 4 GT500's, a couple Saleens, and the Hurst...... :eek: :eek:

So what if it was only back and forth to the wash hut........ He's got more seat time than me :p

1 - 20 of 36 Posts