Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was working on my car when I noticed two of the bolts on my crank case housing we’re broken. Should I get a new housing or is it fine the way it is?

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
Ahh the timing cover... yeah while you have everything else apart, I would replace that. Be sure to remove and replace the crank damper with the correct puller to avoid damage, replace yours with the same type cover so your timing pointer and marks on the damper match, and don't strip your threaded bolt holes when you put it back together.

Reactions: 2nd 66

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh the timing cover... yeah while you have everything else apart, I would replace that. Be sure to remove and replace the crank damper with the correct puller to avoid damage, replace yours with the same type cover so your timing pointer and marks on the damper match, and don't strip your threaded bolt holes when you put it back together.
I’ve looked all over but I can’t find one for a 200ci engine. Do you know where I can get a timing cover?

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
Several members here have lots of used parts. Mustangbob1, NEPM and OldMil come to mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts