Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i noticed my seat isnt straight on my right shoulder side. it kinda falls back a little. i read up and it seemed like i had a typical problem. i bought the repair kit. so today when i took the seat out to reupholster i figured id fix it. only thing is when i got the old leather off i could see that the base of the seat in the left side appears to have busted on the bottom metal. because theres no stability there (i didnt need a crowbar to pry that side off the pin because the weld is broken), this break allows the opposite side to bend back.. so if i weld this back, will i be able to bend or crowbar that arm back over the pin when im ready? is this a common place for seats to break?

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Yes, and yes. Common break, and the arm will easily pry back over the pivot pin. Just take care not to pinch and cut your new seat cover while prying against it!

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
Ford actually had a recall for the defect. Take it back to the dealer :p

Reactions: Woodchuck

·
Registered
36,505 Posts
I've done a bunch of these by peeling back the upholstery about 6", dampen the nearby flammables with a water spray bottle, weld, grind any roughness, and reassemble. Never had one break after the repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts