Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you '71 - '73 owners out there who have found your build sheet, where did you find it? If it's not obvious through your sig line, please include model of car and assembly plant with the find location.

Thanks!

·
Registered
678 Posts
I haven't found a build sheet on either of my 71 or 72 Mach 1s. My 71 is totally disassembled. My 72 was restored by a PO but he indicated he didn't find one either. Both cars were built in Dearborn.

I have heard of build sheets being found in the springs under the drivers seat, stuffed under the dash or under the carpet.

Good luck on finding yours.

Steve

·
Registered
710 Posts
Mine was handed to me by the original owner along with the original hand written order sheet and other things--He still had the temp paper registration,manual for the sound system,the warranty card and the original apers from the insurance co that showed he removed a 65 from his policy(it was a trade in) to add the 73

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I found 2 in my '73 vert. One was under the driver's seat IIRC, and it was in poor condition and not completed. The other one was found under the carpet in the front (passenger side I think) and was in better condition because it had absorbed oil from the carpet underlayment. My car was built in Dearborn.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I found mine on the rear seat pan under the carpet behind the drivers seat. Destroyed because there was no metal left below the carpet. 71 Mach 1 H-code aurtomatic from Dearborn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.