Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided not to try and resto my original build sheets (they are very fragile and would probably not survive an attempt to clean them up). However, I can read all the lettering that is on my originals so I plan to copy all the characters onto a photocopy and then carefully place them on my new (old) build sheet. The originals will remain safely stored at castle Pretentious. I purchased a couple copies of the repop build sheets from Scott Drake and they look very good (btw: there are several obvious differences between the '69 and the '70 build sheets so buy the correct one for your car).

My only question now is what type size and font are the letters on my original? I have had one individual recommend I find an IBM Selectric typewriter because there is supposedly a size/font very close to what I need. Anyone done this before?

(Note to self: Find a new Mustang forum where smart alleck answers arent offered until they are requested)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just when I think I have seen it all.... The hard time I'm having is finding the exact DNA that was placed throughout my car during assembly by the factory line workers. I have peeled away some original decals and have sent them away to a genetics lab to see if I can find a match. If I find the original worker ,or a descendant,I will then send them a jar so they can spit in it for me so I can stick all the new labels back on.
And I thought finding actual "air" from October of 1969 to inflate all my tires was hard.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hey Bodyputty..do you think there is a market for "original air"??
Seems like with some arrangements we could find original cars still holding air in the tires from that age and vacuum it out and sell it!!!

·
Premium Member
1965 Coupe
2,751 Posts
I have one of the original line workers tied up in my basement right now. If your car was built in Metuchen, bring your 'to be licked' stuff over. Do it soon, before I part him out and sell him on ehay.

G

·
0 Posts
You will need a 70's Vintage IBM Drum-Wheel type Printer, contact NASA, they may have some laying around !!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts