Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the build sheet for the 69 Grande today. It is a San Jose car and after most of the posts about not finding them I was really STOKED with my discovery. It was under the carpet sound deadener on the drivers side along with a quality control checklist showing what work remained to be done. This sheet has the names of the people that repaired the problem areas. I also found a new chrome bezel with the little red Park reflector in the same place.
Now for the question, since the build sheet has been on the floor for 33 years it is a little rough and some of it is impossible to read. What is the best way to protect it so it doesn't get any worse?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I would have it professionally scanned and burnt to C.D.
this way you have a permenant record in digital form.
Being digital you can email it and also make as many copies as you like. Even have it as your screen saver if you like.
I too have a San Jose car which I found my build sheet under the drivers seat it too has some wear and is about 80% complete.
I'm a professional phtotgrapher and I scanned my copy and then stored the original in archival plastic folder and have it stored in a dark cool place to slow down the ageing process.
But if you follow my instructions about scanning you won't have to worry about it .
Peter
1969 Mah 1 428cjr.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts