Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Look under the carpet, attached to the under side of the seats, back of the rear seat , taped to the steering column harness , shoved up under the dash , inside interior panels , or possibly long gone. There I think I covered eevrything.......

Good luck hunting but they have been found about everywhere at one time or another. If you find it it's really nice to have though. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The factory location is under the driver's side seat. You can peek with a mirror and a flashlight, or just remove the seat. Typically, it's laying on the S springs with all the padding etc. put on over it.

Mine was fine the first two or three times I had the seat out. This time, I discovered a pile of brown leaves under the seat, and the rest of it still in the springs. One of my small projects is to flatten all the pieces and reassemble the page.

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
If the VIN starts with 7R------ , don't bother looking ! Build sheets & buck tags were always removed at final inspection .

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a buck tag but looked under my seats they have been recovered by the PO nothing under dash not on the steering coloum. i guess it must be long gone oh well to bad i couldent find it tho i would reall like to have that. just want to see what it is and whats on it maybe to tell me alittle about the car

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Mine was taped to the wiring harness behind the gauge cluster, very hard if not impossible to see without removing the gauge cluster. Mine is a '68 built in Metuchen NJ.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i have a buck tag but looked under my seats they have been recovered by the PO nothing under dash not on the steering coloum. i guess it must be long gone oh well to bad i couldent find it tho i would reall like to have that. just want to see what it is and whats on it maybe to tell me alittle about the car
You can find out everything about how your car left the factory by contacting Marti Autoworks--all you have to do is give them your VIN number (and cash).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts