Vintage Mustang Forums banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
so i need some input about powder coating my suspension. originally i wanted to powder coat all the suspension gunmetal, that will match the inside painted area of my coys c67 wheels. my viking coilovers & springs are silver. i think the gunmetal might be too many different greys going on (especially if the gunmetal suspension does not match the wheels). i can poweder coat smaller stuff myself in my electic oven in my garage. or i can get anything thing i want powder coated gloss black at work for free. so now i am thinking all the control arms, coilover brackets, hubs & spindles gloss black, and leave only the coilovers silver. i think that might look better ???? side not the front sway bar i am getting is grey as well. i am itching to get them in color , but i cant make up my mind. what are your thoughts ?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I thought you could use ‘69 carpet. I might be wrong in the year though. So this a lot less helpful than intended.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Go with the gun metal. It sounds like that's what you wanted to begin with so stick with it. One of things I have regretted in any build is cutting certain corners. I know most of us have to find that balance between what we can afford and what we want.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #124

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
both upper arms are finished, and one lower arm is finished. i decided to add another support connecting the tubes on the outside edge of the coilover bracket plate, to distribute the weight across the arm. happy with how it turned out. arm is fully tig welded. they look nicer in person. the pics look ****ty

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
today i pulled the trigger on black powder coat. turned out great !. tomorrow i will get the spindles, hubs & mustang steve front brake brackets powder coated. i am excited this is a big step forward !

121 - 126 of 126 Posts