Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my thread Build your own CA Boss 302 style engine cross member for 1965-66 cars only, I stated that if any/some one would supply the dimensions for a 1967-70 car, I would update the drawing and post. The construction concept would remain the same as the early car. You just need to build the later style brackets.

Here is the PDF drawing for the 1967 through 1970 Mustang/Cougar (according to the CA catalog).

Special thanks to buening for the inspiration, leg work and dimensions and jmn444 for dimensions as well.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
Email has been sent to you hsr with revisions to your PDF based on jmb444's measurements from this evening. Below are a few pictures from jmn444 of his crossmember hardware and instructions. It appears a nut is used as a spacer between the crossmember and the LCA mount/shock tower. This is only for the 67-70 crossmembers. Also, another option instead of using the tubing that HSR used in his 65/66 thread is to use 2.5"x1.5"x3/16" angle iron. You can choose to shorten the 2.5" leg or leave it as is. You will just end up with the overall height being 3/16" taller and more steel below the slotted hole.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts