Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
DanD, getting aluminum heads with small chambers will certanly give you some compression and make your goals easier. But don't just dump the D8OE heads. I would love to run them with some dometops I have. Where are you physically ? Maybe I can relieve you of them. With the setup I am imagining, D8 + dome = 9.5, then if swapped to C5 small chamber gives 11.75 to 1. I would love to test the difference. LSG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey @cheapbastard,

That’s really interesting and I will do a bit more research on the difference the valve angles make. That insight provides me with a great starting point.

@LSG,

I was thinking of selling them and we might be able to work something out, feel free to send me PM. I’m located in California.

Thanks again for the knowledge!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey everyone,

Just a quick update. I spoke with AFR, Trick Flow, and Lunati. After some research, I went with the TFS 170's (Thanks @jdub), got a great deal through summit for under $1,300 with taxes and shipping. The AFR enforcer heads are the Chinese cast that a lot of companies run and the price difference was minimal versus the TFS 170s. I also went ahead and ordered the Lunati 10350703 cam. I am hoping this puts me at or above my goal of 300-350 flywheel HP.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Dan, California is a LONG way from me in SW Michigan. Keep us posted how you do. LSG

21 - 25 of 25 Posts