Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I have a project and I would need some help with it. I have bought a '67 Fastback what I would like to turn it into an Eleanor the plan is to make it as similar as it is possible to the car of the movie. I have the full bodykit but I would need all the special bits of the interrior, wheels, rear lights front lights, fog lights, grill, mirrors. If anyone has pictures of the original car, shops where I can buy the specific parts or really any help even if it comes from someone who already built one that would be great.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I think the movie is pretty old now, so general interest has been in the past for the most part. One of the more active forums is here now. As you can see most of the activity is from 2010-11 (nine years ago)

Not sure how difficult it is to get parts that you'll need, since the notable builder popularity ended almost a decade ago.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
:(

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Mustangstofear

They have their own websitw and forum as well as being a member here.

They should have everything you need.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I also have a 67 fastback that I'm restoring. I'm going with original GT look but with the perfect stance and wheels. That's what I'm drawn to. We are all different of course, but I too, think the Eleanor fad is over. I see you're in the UK, so perhaps it's a different story there. Just seeing the previous responses and guessing on what response you might get, I think you'll get an overwhelming response on here of, perhaps, not going with the Eleanor look. Just my two cents but to each their own. That all aside, it's great you're into the mustang hobby and I say cheers, do what you love!

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Much of the suspension/steering/chassis components were from Total Control Products (also their pedal covers). Wheels were 17x8 and came from TS Engineering. For many non-aesthetic parts, you’ll need to decide whether you want to build a theoretical Eleanor (what a GT500 was originally equipped with) or an actual Eleanor (what they used in the movie). For instance, they originally came with a 428 which is theoretically what Eleanor had, but in reality they used a bunch of 302’s. Same thing with exhaust. While Eleanor had “side pipes”, they were not functional.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Since you're in the UK this probably wont be a problem but in the USA if you were to ever sell the car, it cannot be advertised as and "Eleanor" without first paying Denise Halicki her copyright fee.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Since you're in the UK this probably wont be a problem but in the USA if you were to ever sell the car, it cannot be advertised as and "Eleanor" without first paying Denise Halicki her copyright fee.
As a private party there are ways around that. The trademark isn’t an all encompassing ban against using the word. You say similar, tribute, based on, compare to, etc. If you were cranking them out either in your garage or as a business there could be trouble. If you look on ebay right now there are several advertised that haven’t been taken down.

·
Registered
929 Posts
...Where is Nick and his Epic Driveway Eleanor Escapades Thread?
...too soon?

·
Registered
929 Posts
@Bandinho15 congrats on your fastback. Regardless of what people think about the E2 fad as of 2019, make your Mustang into whatever* makes you happy. You might get ribbed and ripped, but the E2 actually has a place in the story of the Mustang.

*as long as "whatever" does not include an LS swap.

Reactions: Acooljt
1 - 15 of 15 Posts