Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 66 coupe is going through some drastic work, im replacing all the front suspension with mustang 2 gear, also putting in a 4.6L from a 2001 grand marquis, out back is going to be a 4 link with a 8.8 from a explorer, my question is what would be a good master cylinder booster setup, also where can i get bulk brake line to make lines as the rear line connects to a different spot on the axle and has to be routed around the 4 link, any help is appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
583 Posts
ha ha ha they arnt break lines bro they are just aluminum pipe (it can also be used as fuel line) well to some people think of it as that . i know i am going to spend some time while i am still driving my car to bend some new ones. and also bend some new fuel lines i already did so in my engine compartment it looks sweet and it really has the custom/tight fit. but yea man might as well bend your own lines with both sides flard bend it cut it then get the other side flared.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
my 66 coupe is going through some drastic work, im replacing all the front suspension with mustang 2 gear, also putting in a 4.6L from a 2001 grand marquis, out back is going to be a 4 link with a 8.8 from a explorer, my question is what would be a good master cylinder booster setup, also where can i get bulk brake line to make lines as the rear line connects to a different spot on the axle and has to be routed around the 4 link, any help is appreciated
thanks

Hi,
Having visited my local NAPA store numerous times they do sell straight lengths of brake lines complete with nuts and flared. You just have to pick the correct nut size as they came in several different sizes. However, as you seem to have put together a, somewhat hybrid system, you may need a flaring tool and prepare for more custom fabrication.
As for the "a good master cylinder booster setup", why not a factory dual M/C w/booster, provided you are running a C4? The size and plumbing will be determined by your caliper(s) and drum choices, if used. You mention those details
Good Luck!

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
you are wrong. It is steel. Take someone with you who knows how to tell the difference.

All the NAPA (and assorted other auto parts stores) sell various lengths of steeel brake line in assorted diameters.

Z.
Amen +1

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's defiantly a Frankenstein. Im deciding between a hydro boost setup or conventional. I'm using the trans from the merc as well as all of the wiring from the headlights to tail lights and cutting out what I don't need (abs, airbags). Also using the steering column from the merc. good call on the fuel lines. Hadent thought of that.

·
Registered
583 Posts
my bad they are steel. umm however i am still probubly going to run aluminum or stainless steel will still use aluminum over steel.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I bought all my lines online, they coated black (Forget the name) Then bought a nice flair tool and and dew styles of benders and made all my own lines and put the correct flair nuts on each connection before flaring. I went this route as I have a Lincoln MS, aftermarket prop valve, cobra front disks and SVO rear disks. I used AN style braided flex lines on all 4 corners and on the body to axle I used the braided hose from NPD.

Turned out real nice, no leaks and everything fits.

Jason

·
Registered
583 Posts
how much did the parts run u kalka? i think that is the way to go because you can make the fit however you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts