Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint the buckets or holders of my rear taillights. Best color for reflection....silver?....white??? gloss white??

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I painted the buckets bright silver and then applied aluminum tape to the surfaces cut from paper templates I had previously made. They reflect like chrome and greatly increased the brightness of the taillights.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Another option, should you down the path, is that some LED bulbs don’t need a reflector as they shoot straight out the back instead of radiating like an incandescent.

·
Registered
34,489 Posts
Years ago I painted mine white inside. Worked so well I never replaced the buckets.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Eastwood, used to have a product specifically designed for reflective buckets. I used it years ago. Seems to work well. But then. it might be old technology by now.

·
Registered
411 Posts
There is a "chrome" paint in aerosol and I believe it is from Krylon. I used it on my 66 after I buffed up the light buckets.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Years ago, I used an Eastwood Reflective spray paint. Seems fine, easy enough.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I remember back in the day when I first got my car on the road I lined them with aluminum foil. LOL it actually works pretty good. They have since been replaced though.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Line the inside of the tail light buckets with aluminum tape like Rhutt recommended. It'll be more reflective than any paint. Years ago I had a 61 Falcon Ranchero and a prior owner had lined the inside of the tail lights with aluminum foil. Worked pretty well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts