Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to make up a patch for the front frame rails on my '67 where the bumper support is attached with 2 bolts. Problem is when I removed the bumper support, most of that area of my frame rail came with it. So now I have a rust hole about 3" tall and about 8" long in my frame rail and I have no idea where the welded in nuts in the frame rail are supposed to be located. Could someone please let me know what the dimensions are for these two welded in nuts and their location on the front frame rail?

Thanks.

Brad

"Gripping the wheel his knuckles went white with desire. The wheels of his Mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a 45. True death: 400 horsepower of maximum performance piercing the night. This is Black Sunshine." --White Zombie

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Did this happen on both frame rails? If one is still intact, use it as a reference. If that is not possible I'll measure my '67 and provide you with the dimensions.

65 Hi-Po F/B (7 yr resto)
67 GTA F/B (small block) Mustang Owners Club of Austin (MOCA), TX
MCA 27479
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575609&a=11978710&p=43914197.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since misery loves company, yes, my other frame rail is in the same condition. I was going to use the mounting bracket bolt holes to determine distance between holes but I still don't know how far back from the front of the frame rail the first welded in nut is supposed to be or how far up from the bottom of the frame rail they should be.

"Gripping the wheel his knuckles went white with desire. The wheels of his Mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a 45. True death: 400 horsepower of maximum performance piercing the night. This is Black Sunshine." --White Zombie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts