Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I used a guy I found on ehay.
His name is George.
Place is called Action or Bumpers R Us? I think he changed the name.
He said they have been around for 30 years and has a lifetime warrenty on workmanship. I did have to send the bumper back to fix a flaw. NO problem with him taking it back to do the work, but he just patched it. I had to send it back a 2nd time and tell him it was for a show car. He did refinish it again and it is now flawless.
I paid $140 total for the bumper from him and chroming. He will deliver local (near Chicago) or at least he did for me.
Phone # is (312)773-6464

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$140 seems reasonable. My bumpers were rechromed about 10 years ago and the rear bumper is starting to discolor or something wierd above the area around my GT exhaust tips. I'll check out both of these guys. How do you find a bumper re-chromer on Ehay?????

Troy

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called George at Action Bumper and he says $180. I also called Streamwood plating ($250) and Keystone Automotive Industries ($220-260).

Does anybody else have any experience with Action Bumper? I may go with them since Darrel eventually got a good finish and the price is right.

For those that care, Streamwood Plating also chromes pot metal!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey Troy,
F.Y.I. It's Dennis not Darrel. ::
And I found him because he was selling the bumper at the time.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea Dennis, just seeing if you are paying attention! Sorry about that. Would you use this guy again if you had to?

·
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
Larry at SLS uses a local guy in Addison to do his stuff.

He sent out the hockey sticks from my convertible (the pieces the boot snaps to)
and they turned out great.

You might want to call him too.

-Zim

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Darrell here (not Dennis),

I have spoken with Action bumper before and seen alot of their work because they are always up at Iola. I was going to have them do the bumpers on my Starsky & Hutch torino before I ended up selling it for $ for the wedding :( ... been regretting it ever since.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Troy,
Dennis here (not Darrell). Yes I would use him again. Like I said pretty easy to deal with.
Just make sure to tell him it is for a show car the first time around. ::

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm not sure. His number is listed above, give him a call.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts