Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like im about burst into flames. My 71 coupe is so hot inside. Anyone have any suggestions to help cool it down. The AC is pretty bad..

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
1. Take off your headers and have them ceramic coated.
2. Take out your interior and add a thickunderlayment like dyno mat and then your sound deadner and then your carpet.
3. Crawl under the dash and inspect the firewall, plug any holes that are open direct to engine compartment.
4. Roll down windows :)

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
my carb was running very lean and caused a great deal of heat in the passenger compartment...fattening up the idle speed mixture helped to reduce the amount of heat in the passenger compartment. the other suggestions are accurate as well... just my .02. good luck, Todd P.

·
Registered
446 Posts
my car has the same problem, especially with the new black interior.

1. if its parked use a sun shade in the front windshield.

2 keep the windows rolled down a crack to let some of the hot air out when parked.

3. " sorry officer, my AC doesn't work so i have to drive faster with my windows down"

those are my tips anyway, good luck and pray for winter.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I hear that "roll down the windows and drive really fast" thing!!

We used to call that: "WD-40" air conditioning.

(windows down, drive over 40) ::

Rick

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Another thing to check is the heater valve. Make sure that you don't have hot water coming into the heater when the heater is off. That will make it hard for even a good A/C to keep cool.

·
Premium Member
19,225 Posts
Try the 7-11 AC method.

Buy a very large slurpee, stick it between your legs, and open the vents to let fresh air flow past the slurpee.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
tinted windows keep the sun out really well.. get limo in the back and rear side windows., and one or two shades below that for the other windows... youl be surprised how much it will cool down the inside of your car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts