Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Number 1843812450. I've never seen fit to comment on one of these before. I wasn't even going to when this guy called it a "68' Coupe Pony Stock BOSS 302 V8", or when he said "Could Be CS", i.e., Colorado/California Special. But where he really blew me away was:
"Two known problems; short in dash (runs regardless), vacuum leak and floor pans need to be replaced, (around $150 to fix all these problems at most)."
Anybody here do replacement floor pans for $150 at most?

Carl

·
Registered
553 Posts
yeah, but Reynold's aluminum foil wrap is better suited to cover your casserole, not a floor pan material. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
For someone who apparently is somewhat knowledgable about mustangs, why does he not know that his claims of possibility are false? Boss = 69 to 71, California special would have all sorts of holes where the orig stuff was removed from the body, not to mention a completely different tail panel, and why would a high country special be delivered to California?
BTW: I love the "original" 66 caps...a very special option in 68...

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
i asked him what the price would be to stop the auction and was told that he had 5500 in the window. i am not sure that a coupe with rusty floorpans and needs a paint job is gonna bring that.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
cut him some slack, at least he armor-alled the tires!

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Not a bad lookin' car, well optioned! The J code motor had bigger rods with 3/8 bolts, not a bad project.

Seller does "embellish" way too much..

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
I replaced both floor pans in my coupe for 110.00..... well, 115.00 if you Count the wire and gas I used welding them in. But No way are you gonna have a pro do it for that!

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Also, what does he mean when he says it has "Mustang model hurst speed shifter"....... This guy is nuts!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Also, why don't these guys ever clean out the interior? Looks like trash everywhere!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I replaced my pans for about $150 for pans, welding rods, seam sealer and grinding disks. Time was the big factor.....over a month invested. Would probably take twice as long for me to find the short! Wonder how much THAT would cost...maybe the whole car if it goes up in smoke, hehe.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
he sure knows his Mustang history..he must have read many books..*LOL*..too bad he has no idea which Mustangs are which so on and so forth..for under a grand.,.it could be a nice project..as for his $150 dollar estimate for repairs..the guy is dreaming..it would cost that much to get the black spray paint off the tires..*LOL*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts