Vintage Mustang Forums banner

... but this guy is hallucinating! (Humorous E-Ba)

946 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Teebone 
#1 ·
Number 1843812450. I've never seen fit to comment on one of these before. I wasn't even going to when this guy called it a "68' Coupe Pony Stock BOSS 302 V8", or when he said "Could Be CS", i.e., Colorado/California Special. But where he really blew me away was:
"Two known problems; short in dash (runs regardless), vacuum leak and floor pans need to be replaced, (around $150 to fix all these problems at most)."
Anybody here do replacement floor pans for $150 at most?

Carl

#3 ·
For someone who apparently is somewhat knowledgable about mustangs, why does he not know that his claims of possibility are false? Boss = 69 to 71, California special would have all sorts of holes where the orig stuff was removed from the body, not to mention a completely different tail panel, and why would a high country special be delivered to California?
BTW: I love the "original" 66 caps...a very special option in 68...

#11 ·
I replaced my pans for about $150 for pans, welding rods, seam sealer and grinding disks. Time was the big factor.....over a month invested. Would probably take twice as long for me to find the short! Wonder how much THAT would cost...maybe the whole car if it goes up in smoke, hehe.

#12 ·
he sure knows his Mustang history..he must have read many books..*LOL*..too bad he has no idea which Mustangs are which so on and so forth..for under a grand.,.it could be a nice project..as for his $150 dollar estimate for repairs..the guy is dreaming..it would cost that much to get the black spray paint off the tires..*LOL*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.