Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I got my 67 vert in Dec I have purchased many parts from many different vendors( same as everyone else) with no issues getting the orders,or refunds for damaged or incorrect parts( even cjpony) until now. Ordered a set of headers online ,as shipping along with everything else is kinda crazy at this time did'nt think too much about it for about a month then when I started to try & find out what's going on then everything kinda goes sideways.I Always try to take screen shots of orders& shipping notices finally after a lot of looking thru g mails ,pictures found it after contacting the seller they inattialy offered a refund but i wanted the item & told them to ship it . Now after about a month of what are obviously are texts to stall the refund i finally ask the seller have contacted for when i got tired of the stupid text the seller kept sending i have contacted pay pay to get my refund---right. Well maybe/ maybe not. Seems there is only a limited amount of time & I lot some of mine during the wait . After several back& forth text between paypal& myself about my refund for the non shipped headers I viewed some of their reviews on line in the resolution center. All that I read before it appeared the feed was cut off were not good it appeared that PayPal has been ruleing in favor of Chinise seller againt buyer refunds in the face of what appeared to be overwhelming evidence from buyers.i don't know if my seller is Chinese or not but the way the text are worded suspect so & it seems they have a set of text they use as all have been the same at different times. Don't know how this will play out but it has opened my eyes as to how I'll pay& who I'll buy from on line from now on. Haven't looked to see what card I used but sure hope it was my Cosco as they are dead after people who commit fraud as far as getting money back. Just thought I'd throw this out there because the vendors use PayPal so they don' t get ripped by us & we feel safe useing PayPal because we're protected against the bad guys too----- right? Kinda miss the old days when you went to the local speedshop & bought or ordered what you needed face to face with cash or a check. Alright I'll leave everyone with something I read years back that i' ve reworded slightly The bitter taste of a sorry product or transaction lasts far longer than the sweet taste of a cheap price.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Dispute the charge with your CC company.

Never use a debit card for online transactions.

Always review seller feedback before purchasing.

Reactions: DaleB

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,630 Posts
I've been using PayPal for quite a while and they did refund me for something similar but I'm seeing more and more from others where it's not going all that well in similar situations. I am starting to wonder if going back to using a traditional credit card might be better.

It may be that some folks aren't aware that Paypal also has "Paypal Credit" available which is like a credit card without the physical card but otherwise about the same. The interest rate isn't attractive though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
my brain hurts after reading that...

for those who dont want to read it:

TLDR:
He bought a set of headers off eBay, the seller (Possibly offshore vendor) claims it was shipped, been over a month. He tried to get a refund and disputed with PayPal - he's f*cked.

in the future, never buy parts from eBay or Amazon. Either shop locally or buy from a reputable vendor like NPD, Summitracing, CJPP. If you are unsure what to buy or need recommendations please post in this forum.

Perfect example:
$300 eBay Coilovers vs. $2500 Coilovers - Is it worth it? | Hi Low
$450 Brakes vs $4,500 Brakes | HiLow

·
Registered
291 Posts
I used Pay-pal with a vender in Calif - new he had to be Chinese but to late. Been fighting with Pay-pal for a refund which is a PIA. They tell me if it goes my way I'll get a refund. Told them what part don't you understand - the vender never confirmed the order or answered 3 emails. The 4 one, I cancelled the order plain and simple. Going back to the old CC when ordering.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had a dispute on an E-Bay purchase years ago. Vendor sent incorrect item and would not give a refund. Both E-Bay and Paypal ruled in favor of vendor. Had charges reversed from CC company.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I dont use Paypal unless Im buying from a forum member and thats what they want.

I buy off ebay maybe once or twice a year, I used to buy off ebay regularly. I only buy from US based sellers that have the item in stock in the US.

I never sell on ebay.

Ebay and Paypal used to be the hot ticket, now its only about collecting fees. Customer satisfaction and service are not part of their business model.

·
Premium Member
6,372 Posts
I wonder if the vendor in question was Ksamsil or Acretrader, both recent and sophisticated scam enterprises.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wonder if the vendor in question was Ksamsil or Acretrader, both recent and sophisticated scam enterprises.
No the vendor is Black Horse Raceing apparently an identity of S L H Trading Co. with the item sold thru Bonanza's site. Plan on contacting Visa today , hope for better results than what I've had so far

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No the vendor is Black Horse Raceing apparently an identity of S L H Trading Co. with the item sold thru Bonanza's site. Plan on contacting Visa today , hope for better results than what I've had so far
To take a line from Hank Jr's song I'd like to shoot them with my 45 not mortally.. Just a small flesh wound

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
my brain hurts after reading that...

for those who dont want to read it:

TLDR:
He bought a set of headers off eBay, the seller (Possibly offshore vendor) claims it was shipped, been over a month. He tried to get a refund and disputed with PayPal - he's f*cked.

in the future, never buy parts from eBay or Amazon. Either shop locally or buy from a reputable vendor like NPD, Summitracing, CJPP. If you are unsure what to buy or need recommendations please post in this forum.

Perfect example:
$300 eBay Coilovers vs. $2500 Coilovers - Is it worth it? | Hi Low
$450 Brakes vs $4,500 Brakes | HiLow
i buy few things from ebay, and have always gotten what i buy. as for amazon, i trust amazon like i trust my family, they have always treated me right over the years.

one thing i did though, years ago, is set up a folder in my email known as purchases. any emails i get from any vendor i buy from is put in that folder, and only deleted when i receive the item in question. that keeps me from looking through a huge amount of emails sitting in my inbox trying to find a particular email.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Fund PayPal with a credit card, not your bank account. That gives one a second means of protection.

Reactions: 66conv6

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got a text from PayPal & the site the seller used & they have refunded my money back to my account. Would rather had the headers but somebody else will have what I'm looking for. Besides have 2 more cars to contend with now

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Small flesh wound. With a 45. Tricky....
I had a G Uncle who carried a .45 all the time and was known to be very good with it, and willing to use it. He got into a dispute and guns brought out. Not wanting to kill the guy, he shot him in the leg, unfortunately clipping the femoral. So the guy died anyway and my uncle spent the rest of his years in mental hospital to avoid prison or the chair. He died before I was born but I have his old chest/footlocker he used during his time in WW2 sitting beside me as I type.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts