Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,630 Posts
But a 1911 ain't no pop gun. Shooting to wound with any gun is tricky if you ask me. "To wound" isn't really why you shoot people. But....
I had .25 years ago. A friend asked me what for and I said so I could shoot the guy in the foot and then run away while he was hopping around. Theoretically. My luck the person would get blood poisoning and die or something.
Neighbor got into an argument with his wife and somehow she shot him point blank just below and to the right of his sternum with a 357. Ten years ago. They're still together and he's as healthy as I am. Got a godawful entry wound scar though. Don't know why it didn't exit.
You never know. Any bullet wound could be fatal or a nuisance, anything in between. An old friend got shot right through the shoulder years ago with a 38 in a street fight and failed to notice it until the fight was over. At which time he wondered why he was bleeding.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Talk about going sideways. From a set of headers to the voracity of various calibers for making wounds. A class mate of mine died from a .22 to the gut. Accident. Took his little brother out hunting. Went septic.
Personally I like Mak. It's a p1ssed off round. With me every day.

·
Just some guy
20,630 Posts
Nah, not really been there done that, and still alive. .45 is not the mythical beast it's made out to be.
Well sure, sure. You just shoot yourself with small caliber bullets over time and build up your immunity to the larger calibers. Or so I heard.

Reactions: jherrud

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
First glad to hear the original poster is getting a refund.

A kid I grew up with got into an argument with his girlfriend. She brought the shotgun, I think down stairs and he said go ahead shot me and she did. He lost his leg at the waist and wouldn't press charges. Not sure if they are still together but i know they stayed together after that happened.

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
A kid I grew up with got into an argument with his girlfriend. She brought the shotgun, I think down stairs, and he said go ahead shoot me and she did. He lost his leg at the waist and wouldn't press charges. Not sure if they are still together but i know they stayed together after that happened.
They were made for each other.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Well sure, sure. You just shoot yourself with small caliber bullets over time and build up your immunity to the larger calibers. Or so I heard.
Really just depends on where you get shot. The bullet has to hit something vital to kill you outright. I am working on becoming emergency medicine physician assistant for the army. I work in trauma all the time and have seen several gun shot victims with 9mm, .40, .45 survive with multiple wounds and some just get hit once and die. I myself took a .45 hollow point to the leg and have no loss of function.

·
Registered
858 Posts
But a 1911 ain't no pop gun. Shooting to wound with any gun is tricky if you ask me. "To wound" isn't really why you shoot people. But....
I had .25 years ago. A friend asked me what for and I said so I could shoot the guy in the foot and then run away while he was hopping around. Theoretically. My luck the person would get blood poisoning and die or something.
Neighbor got into an argument with his wife and somehow she shot him point blank just below and to the right of his sternum with a 357. Ten years ago. They're still together and he's as healthy as I am. Got a godawful entry wound scar though. Don't know why it didn't exit.
You never know. Any bullet wound could be fatal or a nuisance, anything in between. An old friend got shot right through the shoulder years ago with a 38 in a street fight and failed to notice it until the fight was over. At which time he wondered why he was bleeding.
Hollow points rarely exit and don't usually penetrate very deep. They lose energy fast. I didn't even feel I got shot it happened so fast. When the blood started pouring out my pants is when I figured it out.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The guy that bought our old house managed to discharge a .45 while cleaning... I mean, what idiot doesn't know to clear a gun before doing anything but shooting?? But I digress. Apparently he was sitting on an overturned 5 gallon bucket. The round hit the concrete basement floor, fragmented and ricocheted, tearing up his leg pretty good in the process.

I can only imagine that ER trip. "How did this happen?" "Well, for starters, I'm an idiot..."

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hello all I originally posted the only a small flesh wound & would like to say it was only in jest. It is & has always been my personal belief that the only reason to pull a weapon on someone is for fear of your life not to scare or try to intimate someone & at that time shoot to kill. My personal thinking about most of the people who are shot by the police today in the course of their daily work is the officer has a weapon out because it is their protection againt stupid people & they want to stay alive most if not all are results from I don't have to do what they say. I'm not doing anything wrong or the person has a real reason they don't comply with the police usually a warrant. Todays world is a far cry from when I ran around with my buddy's at 16/17 I learned early on that yes sir, no sir thank you sir & have a great day sir went a long ways even if you did get that ticket. Today it seems that the lack of respect leads to f ### you up your or any variety thereof leads to a lot of the issues of today as far as gun violence. Sorry about that rant but yes I think that responsible people should have the right to own as many guns of whatever type they want orther than full auto (although they are fun to shoot) The gun is not the killer ,only the instrument it is always the person who is responsible

·
Just some guy
20,630 Posts
OK.

I guess.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
my brain hurts after reading that...

for those who dont want to read it:

TLDR:
He bought a set of headers off eBay, the seller (Possibly offshore vendor) claims it was shipped, been over a month. He tried to get a refund and disputed with PayPal - he's f*cked.

in the future, never buy parts from eBay or Amazon. Either shop locally or buy from a reputable vendor like NPD, Summitracing, CJPP. If you are unsure what to buy or need recommendations please post in this forum.

Perfect example:
$300 eBay Coilovers vs. $2500 Coilovers - Is it worth it? | Hi Low
$450 Brakes vs $4,500 Brakes | HiLow
that in it's self is questionable

·
Just some guy
20,630 Posts
"that" being...what exactly? I don't get it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts