Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the world of Mustangs, and looking to purchase an early model for my stepson and I to work on as his first car (once he's old enough to drive). I've no experience of Mustangs, but have spent a lot of time restoring/repairing my old Jags. I'd like to avoid any rust buckets (like my E-type Jag!), so I'm looking for a Buyer's Guide or similar taht will tell me where the problems tend to be on these cars, and how to identify them. Does anyone know of anything along these lines?

-David

·
Registered
205 Posts
There are many good books out there, some a little dated but still full of good general knowledge. A few off the top of my head is "How to Restore your Mustang" by mustang monthly. Bob Mannel's book is a good guide for a v8 engine. Also on Ebay scoreing a few year sets of back Issues of Mustang Monthly (80's and 90's issues) is another source to consider. Mustang How To Vol 1 to 3 are also full of good info.

Honestly I would also invest some time reading past posts on here. Your can learn a lot from other mistakes(unfortunatly). So I would take advantage of some free lessons learned.

I am sure others will chime in for other books they found useful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts