Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever bought cars in Mexuico, My dad knows a guy that can get Mach 1s for $1000 US Running driving Dailt drivers, what do you think

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lol ummm u better be careful on that one. I know this sounds stereotypical but it is actually true. It might be stolen. I live in san antonio, tx which is a couple of hours from the border and i have family that lives about 20 min from the border. They always tell me of cars being stolen and alot of the times the theives take them across the border to be sold. Moral of the story- buyer beware!

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289
70 fastback done by may/graduation...hopefully

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may not always get a title, but definitely ask for the VIN. And try and run a check on the numbers, both for originality and ID. If for some reason it is stolen it should not be too hard to find out.

Jimbo65

65 I6 200 Coupe (Daily Driver)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just remember that laws in Mexico (ie vehicle sales) are probably different than those in place in the U.S. If you could get the VIN and maybe run a check at the DMV in the U.S. then I don't see any other problem. I had some of the work on my car (70 fastback) done in mexico and they do good work for minimal charges (windows tinted seats custom reupholstered). Just follow normal buying procedures and make sure there are no mechanical probs with the car. Good luck and keep us posted if you decide to go this route.

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289
70 fastback done by may/graduation...hopefully

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Would not take muct to fake these items. And from what I've seen of the regular Mustangs in Mexico they are often very rough. ....

If you really want to chase this subject on April 1, tell the seller you'll pay him $1500 if he delivers the car and its solid. I've bought cars from all kinds of people and if really bad locations but I always knew if it got bad enough I was still in the US and could trust the police. Please note a I often later reflected how stupid it was to place myself in those situations for a car or parts. Even with friends (armed) watching from a near by car they would have been no help until after :(

Hypes and drug dealers are no longer my choice of parts providers

Jeff Speegle
MCA Shelby Gold Card

www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6473/
Mustang & Shelby research, documentation, and help.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1609818&a=12284202&p=44925357.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts