Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's time to buy a set of axle stands and a trolley jack and I know 1967 Mustangs weigh roughly 3000lbs but what does this equate to in tons?
Sorry for the beginner type question!

Cheers,Charlie

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
One ton is 2000 pounds. Sears has what they are calling a high-lift 3 ton jack on sale right now for about $30. I went by to get one last weekend and they were sold out. I'm going to try them again tonight.

I have a 2 ton jack now, and it has always done the job, but I'm looking for something that will lift a little higher.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! The 2 ton stuff is easier to get hold of over here too. So I reckon that will suffice for just now.

Cheers, Charlie

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Charlie, you can never have too much power (where have I heard that before). My 2 1/4 ton has served me well for over 20 years now, but there have been times I needed that extra umph!... Like leveling that out building on my Mom's land, or raising that crack-causing roof truss rihgt before I sold that house... :: either will serve you well, so perhaps height raised or weight could further decide which one best serves your needs. Picking one up has become more tedious as I pass the 45-summers mark.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I have been using my 2 ton jack i got from halfords (uk)for about 6 yrs,its served me well and still going strong.Regards javed :D

·
Registered
873 Posts
I've found for the front end of my Mustang a 2 ton jack is just too small for it, even using 2X4 as spacers, it just has enough to lift it, I would recommend the 3 ton that's what I plan to buy next, plus it should help with my Cherokee and the Suburban.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I went back to Sears tonight and got one of the "SUV" 3-ton high-lift trolley jacks. It seems like a pretty good deal for $29.95. It will lift up to 21".

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damm, that is a good price.....$29.99 for a 3 ton jack! That's only £20 ! I wish we had a Sears over in in the UK. It's not something I could easily slip in my travel luggage when I'm over the "pond" either hee hee hee!

Cheers,Charlie

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Sorry, I just thought that Sears was everywhere, like McDonalds. The shipping would probably cost as much as the jack, because it is heavy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts