Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be replacing the floorpans in my 66fstbk very soon. I will be using full pan cut in peices. I see 19 gauge sheet metal from some sources. Is this the same as original? Also, what vendors have the best stuff? thanks..

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have a couple of new full-length pans that are a real heavy gauge that I'd come off of, cheap. I just don't need them any more. I know these are not the thin ones.....had one of those I got rid of already. I can measure these tonight if you are interested. Also, they are all for one side, but can't for the life of me recall which side it is off hand.

Email me direct if interested:
[email protected]

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi, I bought mine from CJ Pony parts for about 60 bucks each, and they are American Designer which makes some of the best sheet metal products. That being said they didnt fit perfectly and had to do a little massaging but every car is a little diff and most have had accidents so i guess thats just the way it is .. american designers are thicker than the taiwanese made ones but have a higher lead content and therfore are softer than the others .. the taiwanese ones are supposed to fit better ironically but are thinner .. (this is what i was told by matt at ponderosa mustang) so its a tough call .. personally i feel reassured by the thickness of the american designers but cant really say which is better ...

You cant go wrong with CJ's, NPD, or Ponderosa Mustang as suppliers .. my .02

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts