Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to anyone that happens to read this. My friend and I are considering to create a "partnership" and buy an old Muscle Car (preferably a Mustang). I was wondering what the best year would be and what a fair price would be. Also keep in mind that we are wanting to be able to restore it. We want a car that wont be too hard to restore or one that may be partially restored or in good cond. We will be able to weld since my friend knows a guy that can do that for us. I know that we want a car that is either fast or has the ability of being a fast mutha.
"Let's Ride!"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Superman on 04/05/01 11:11 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it all depends on ur taste. some people like coupes and some like fastbacks and others like verts. up to u. maybe just do some searching around and see what u like. price depends on the rarity and condition of the car. im no expert though. i guess it all boils down to what u are willing to pay. we just got a 67 fb for 2000. body is perfect with new (but chipping) paint. no engine or tranny but personally i think it was a steal. especially since the guy put 15,000 into it. mostly cuz he didnt know how to do anything himself. he did butcher the dash and painted all the chrome black. yuck. but it can be fixed. well i guess this is really not much of a help. go for a k code coupe or fast back (65 or 66) thatd be my dreamcar. if u want bigblock power then go with a later model.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i totally agree with shutupanddrive! 65 or 66 i think are the best! go for a fastback or coupe! but actually like he said it is totally up to you and your taste!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depends on several things. I am from upstate NY, where everything was rust orange, but here in the south rust isn't as much of an issue. Cost is still close for the same car though. Can either of you weld? (Quality) How much of a restoration do you want to do? Drive while restoring? A lot of questions. I'd be more specific when asking, then people will respond with a decent answer.

1966 C-Code Convertible, 59 Edsel Villager
Charlotte, NC
New Cars Have No Soul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh-yeah, and the women love a rag-top....
(They're much more willing to let you spend money on it if they want to ride in it)

1966 C-Code Convertible, 59 Edsel Villager
Charlotte, NC
New Cars Have No Soul.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts