Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appears I have the Torque Converter flow back in my C-4 that others have talked about and fluid runs out of my overflow tube after sitting a week or so. What have others done to modify/lengthen the tube to deal with this. Pictures would be great.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The reason your C-4 pukes fluid after a week or 2 of sitting is because of a faulty check valve in the tranny. The only way to replace the check valve is a COMPLETE dismantle.I just put up with it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I'm sure somebody has done something to extend their check valve tube???????

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,743 Posts
Extending the vent tube is an idea. Ford Explorers (for example) have their vents at the very rear of the transmission. The tube for them goes all the way up to the topmost bellhousing bolt and then loops back down and stops just above the transmission shifter.
Obviously Ford's intent was to vent the transmission while not allowing water to get in it if the vehicle was driven into deep water off-road. But no reason you couldn't loop your own vent tube similarly. I don't have a C4 handy and don't remember the vent design but I suspect attaching a hose to it might be a little tricky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts