Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am putting a c4 into my original 66 mustang with a 1990 5.0 motor. I bought a TCI 50 oz flexplate and went to install and have a question. The Tom Monroe book on small block engines mentions to be sure to put the load spreader ring on the flexplate before installingthe flexplate bolts. Is this correct and if so where does one get one? Thansk

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Do you have the one from the old flywheel? You are talking about the ring spacer?
When I did this swap I used my old one from my original 28 oz flex plate.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I have one in the garage. How much time do you have? And do you still have the 4 speed?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much do you want for it? The car actually had a T5 in it. Long story but the T5 is bascially new and I have everthing for it.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
PM me with the details.
Heck most of my cars are converted to standard shifts.
ATF makes me break out in a rash.
Let me get home and find it. I'll take a pic of it and send it if you can wait a couple of days.
I even have a cross member for your car.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Best take Blistic up on his offer, and get the the load spreader ring from him, as they are a "used only" item. If he has a problem locating it, let me know as I probably have one in the garage, too.

Be sure to pull the pilot bearing/bushing out of the end of the crank before trying to bolt up the automatic tranny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts