Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone rebuilt or replaced this part? Looking to see what all is needed as far as rebuild kits or full replacements go. I can buy just the gears, gears with bushings and all seals, full rebuilt pump, etc. I'm not sure what components typically break or what unknown o-ring I'm going to want, I was thinking the gear and bushing set seems adequate but hoping to get some input from experience.

Transmission is a 65 C4, just bought the car and was playing with the "green dot" shifting in the neighborhood and it kinda fell outta gear and won't engage. Pushed it into the garage, unhooked the cooling lines to transmission to see if I was getting pressure, and nope. Transmission was rebuilt except the pump by previous owner. Hoping to remedy this over a weekend and wanting to get parts on order, which is why I'm asking what I should buy, or other advice is also welcome.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,051 Posts
Mine was shot years ago and I did a full rebuild including a TransGo kit, and it needed a new bushing behind the pump because it had spun. I think those are not always replaced. Might look into that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts