Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My C4 from Lentech has a 13.25" flywheel. Can I still bolt it up behind my cleveland or do I need a new starter? Anything else I need? I have a 14.25" flywheel as well, will the converter from the 13.25" flywheel have the same bolt pattern for the convertor? If so I will just swap the flywheels and use the same starter. I would physically check but its not in my garage yet.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
You will need a converter housing that is compatable with the 13.25" (157tooth) flywheel. The starter is 1/2" further away from the crankshaft centerline with the larger 14.25" (164tooth) converter housing.
The converter bolt pattern for the smaller converter is a 10.5" bolt circle, the larger converter has a 11 7/16" bolt circle.

Converter/Flywheel bolt patterns..
10.5 bolt circle 1965-1969
11 7/16 bolt circle 1970-1985

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The transmission has the 13.25" housing on it complete with flywheel and converter. If I bolt that complete unit right on is it possible to buy a newer model starter,say off a 5.0 liter that has a longer throw on the starter?

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
The transmission has the 13.25" housing on it complete with flywheel and converter. If I bolt that complete unit right on is it possible to buy a newer model starter,say off a 5.0 liter that has a longer throw on the starter?

Don't know....
But when you find out, pass it along to us...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts