Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I saw someone mention having an overdrive unit on their C4 or C6. Can anyone point me to a maker, and fill in some of the gory details of installation, use, performance, etc.?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Ah, yes - the Gear Vendors Overdrive. See :
http://www.gearvendors.com/

Roughly $2600 (gulp !), not terribly hard to install, shortened driveshaft required. They are nearly bullet-proof, I believe I saw 1000 hp as the rating - In addition, they can operate in the "spilt" mode, which means twice as many gears - i.e. 6 speeds from a C4. I don't know if they do them for C6's - I didn't look.

They are all the rage in motor homes and large RV's -

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I remember seeing an ad for those overdrive units in the latest Mustang and Ford magazine, too.

BTW, that blue text is hard to read. :p

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$2600 plus the driveshaft work is too much for this round... but I'm sure going to keep it in mind. Anyone have experience with one?

BTW, my sig text looks fine to me... but then, I'm running a black background (SF or Alien color scheme, depending on my mood.) I'll change it to something that will work on light backgrounds.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I have one in my F250 truck...Because the deisel does not have a turbo it s slow with the 4:11 gears it is evean slower due to RPMs being way high...

I do wish I could afford one on my 66 with C4....I like it better than my OD in the Excursion....when I need low gears, I step on the switch on the floor and bam I am in a lower gear...While moving too, just have to make sure not to over rev the engine....

Great part!!!!

Mel ::

1 - 5 of 5 Posts